Last Revised: October 31, 2022
These Website Terms and Conditions (these “Terms”) are entered into between you (“you,” or “User”) and BioPathogenix LLC (the “Company,” “we,” “us,” and “our”). These Terms govern your access to and use of Company services offered on the website located at https://biopathogenix.com (the “Website”), including any content or functionality offered on or through the Website. The Website is published, owned, and operated by the Company.
By accessing, browsing, submitting information to and/or using the Website, you agree and acknowledge on your own behalf that you have read, understand and agree to be bound by these Terms and to comply with all applicable laws including, without limitation, all federal, state and local tax and tariff laws, regulations, and/or directives. If you do not agree to these Terms, please do not use the Website.
1. Purpose of the Website.
The Website is provided solely for informational purposes and the purposes of enabling communication between you and the Company, and the marketing and sales of our products. The information provided is intended to be general in nature and does not necessarily address all the terms, exclusions, and conditions applicable to our products and services.
2. Use of the Website.
The Company grants you a non-exclusive right to access and use the Website and the data, material, content or information herein (collectively, the “Content”) solely for your personal use. Your right to access and use the Website shall be limited to non-commercial purposes unless you are otherwise expressly authorized by the Company to use the Website for commercial purposes. You agree to use the Website only for lawful purposes, comply with all rules governing any transactions on and through the Website and comply with applicable laws.
3. User Account Responsibility.
If you are given or create a password to access the Website, you are responsible for maintaining the confidentiality and security of your account, including all of your passwords. When creating an account, you agree to provide us with accurate and complete information and detail, as required, and to keep it up to date. You are responsible for all activities that occur under your account and you agree to notify the Company immediately of any unauthorized use of your account. The Company is not responsible for any loss that you may incur as a result of any unauthorized person using your account or your password.
4. Prohibited Uses. You agree that you will not:
- Use the Website in any manner that could damage, disable, overburden, or impair the Website or interfere with any other party’s use and enjoyment of them;
- Attempt to gain unauthorized access to any Website account, computer systems or networks associated with the Company or the Website;
- Obtain or attempt to obtain any materials or information through the Website by any means not intentionally made available or provided by the Company;
- Use any robot, spider, or other automatic device, process or means to access the Website for any purpose, including monitoring or copying any of the material on the Website;
- Introduce any viruses, Trojan horses, worms, logic bombs, or other material which is malicious or technologically harmful;
- Attack the Website via a denial-of-service attack or a distributed denial-of-service attack; or
- Impersonate or attempt to impersonate the Company, a Company employee, another user or any other person or entity (including, without limitation, by using email addresses associated with any of the foregoing).
5. Third-party Websites.
6. Third-party Applications. You acknowledge that your access and use of any third-party applications or software on our Website and Content (the “Third-party Applications”) is at your discretion and risk, and the Company has no liability to you arising from your use of the Third-party Applications. The Company hereby disclaims any representation, warranty, or guaranty regarding the Third-party Applications, whether expressed, implied or statutory, including, without limitation, the implied warranties of merchantability or fitness for a particular purpose, and any representation, warranty, or guaranty regarding the availability, quality, reliability, features, appropriateness, accuracy, completeness, or legality of the Third-party Applications, and you agree to indemnify and hold the Company harmless for any direct, indirect, punitive, incidental, special, or consequential damages, or any damages whatsoever including, without limitation, damages for loss of use, arising out of or in any way connected with the use or performance of the Third-party Applications.
7. Intellectual Property Notices.
The Website and Content are protected by copyrights, trademarks, or are subject to other proprietary rights. Accordingly, you are not permitted to use the Website or Content in any manner, except as expressly permitted by the Company in these Terms. The Website or Content may not be copied, reproduced, modified, published, uploaded, posted, transmitted, performed, or distributed in any way, and you agree not to modify, rent, lease, loan, sell, distribute, transmit, broadcast, or create derivatives without the express written consent of the Company or applicable owner.
Copyright. You should assume that everything you see or read on the Company’s Website is copyrighted unless otherwise noted and may not be used without the written permission of the Company. The Company neither warrants nor represents that your use of materials displayed on the Company’s Website will not infringe the rights of third parties. Content, images, photographs, or illustrations displayed on the Company’s Website is either property of, or used with permission by, the Company. The use of these materials by you, or anyone else authorized by you, is prohibited unless specifically permitted by these Terms or specific permission provided elsewhere on the Company’s Website. Any unauthorized use of any content, images, photographs, or illustrations may violate copyright laws, trademark laws, the laws of privacy and publicity, and communications regulations and statutes.
Trademark. The Company’s Website may continue marks that are owned by the Company or other parties. Nothing contained on the Company’s Website should be construed as granting or conveying, by implication, or otherwise, any license or right to use any trademark displayed on the Company’s Website without the written permission of the Company or such third party that may own a trademark displayed on the Company’s Website. Your misuse of the Company’s trademark(s) displayed on the Company’s Website, or any other Content on the Company’s Website, except as provided herein, is strictly prohibited.
Your Content. Any Content you create or own or to which you have a license and use on the Website is Your Content. In sharing Your Content on the Website, you warrant and represent you have the legal right to use Your Content and grant the Company an irrevocable, royalty-free, fully paid up, worldwide, non-exclusive license to use Your Content in providing any Website services as described in these Terms and in any posted policies on the Website. The Website services may also provide you with features like photo thumbnails, previews, easy sorting, editing, sharing, creating templates, and searching. These and other features may require our Company systems to access, store, and scan Your Content. You may also be able to share Your Content with others, so please think carefully about what you share.
You acknowledge and agree that you are solely responsible for complying with the applicable restrictions on use of all Content, copyrighted materials and trademarks that you see, hear, and use on the Website. You understand that any unauthorized use of such intellectual property would result in irreparable injury for which money damages would be inadequate. You further acknowledge that, in the event of any such unauthorized use, the Company or the applicable intellectual property owner will have the right, in addition to other remedies available at law and in equity, to immediate injunctive relief to prevent any such unauthorized use. Questions regarding the use of any intellectual property provided on the Website should be directed to email@example.com.
8. United States Only.
The Company is based in the Commonwealth of Kentucky in the United States. The Company provides this Website for use only by persons located in the United States. We make no claims that the Website or any of its contents are accessible or appropriate outside of the United States. Access to the Website may not be legal by certain persons or in certain countries.
9. Disclaimer. EXCEPT AS MAY OTHERWISE BE EXPRESSLY PROVIDED IN THESE TERMS, ALL INFORMATION, CONTENT, OR SERVICES PROVIDED BY THE COMPANY TO YOU VIA THE WEBSITE, INCLUDING, WITHOUT LIMITATION, ALL CONTENT, ARE PROVIDED “AS IS” AND “WHERE IS” AND WITHOUT ANY WARRANTIES OF ANY KIND. THE COMPANY AND ITS THIRD-PARTY LICENSORS EXPRESSLY DISCLAIM ALL WARRANTIES, WHETHER EXPRESS, IMPLIED OR STATUTORY, INCLUDING, WITHOUT LIMITATION, THE WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, TITLE AND NON-INFRINGEMENT. NOTWITHSTANDING ANY PROVISION CONTAINED HEREIN TO THE CONTRARY, THE COMPANY AND ITS THIRD-PARTY LICENSORS MAKE NO REPRESENTATION, WARRANTY OR COVENANT CONCERNING THE ACCURACY, QUALITY, SUITABILITY, COMPLETENESS, SEQUENCE, TIMELINESS, SECURITY OR AVAILABILITY OF THE WEBSITE OR ANY CONTENT POSTED ON OR OTHERWISE ACCESSIBLE VIA THE WEBSITE. YOU SPECIFICALLY ACKNOWLEDGE THAT THE COMPANY AND ITS THIRD-PARTY LICENSORS ARE NOT LIABLE FOR THE DEFAMATORY, OBSCENE OR UNLAWFUL CONDUCT OF OTHER THIRD PARTIES OR USERS OF THE WEBSITE AND THAT THE RISK OF INJURY FROM THE FOREGOING RESTS ENTIRELY WITH YOU. NEITHER THE COMPANY NOR ANY OF ITS THIRD-PARTY LICENSORS REPRESENT, WARRANT OR COVENANT THAT THE WEBSITE WILL BE SECURE, UNINTERRUPTED OR ERROR-FREE. THE COMPANY FURTHER MAKES NO WARRANTY THAT THE WEBSITE WILL BE FREE OF VIRUSES, WORMS OR TROJAN HORSES OR THAT IT WILL FUNCTION OR OPERATE IN CONJUNCTION WITH ANY OTHER PRODUCT OR SOFTWARE. YOU EXPRESSLY AGREE THAT USE OF THE WEBSITE IS AT YOUR SOLE RISK AND THAT THE COMPANY, ITS AFFILIATES AND THEIR THIRD-PARTY LICENSORS SHALL NOT BE RESPONSIBLE FOR ANY TERMINATION, INTERRUPTION OF SERVICES, DELAYS, ERRORS, FAILURES OF PERFORMANCE, DEFECTS, LINE FAILURES, OR OMISSIONS ASSOCIATED WITH THE WEBSITE OR YOUR USE THEREOF. YOUR SOLE REMEDY AGAINST THE COMPANY FOR DISSATISFACTION WITH THE WEBSITE OR THE CONTENT IS TO CEASE YOUR USE OF THE WEBSITE AND/OR THE CONTENT. SOME JURISDICTIONS DO NOT PERMIT THE EXCLUSION OR LIMITATION OF IMPLIED WARRANTIES, SO THE ABOVE EXCLUSION MAY NOT APPLY TO YOU. YOU MAY HAVE OTHER RIGHTS, WHICH VARY BY JURISDICTION. WHEN THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES ARE NOT ALLOWED TO BE EXCLUDED IN THEIR ENTIRETY, YOU AGREE THAT THEY WILL BE LIMITED TO THE GREATEST EXTENT AND SHORTEST DURATION PERMITTED BY LAW.
10. Limitation of Liability.
UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCES SHALL THE COMPANY OR ANY OF ITS THIRD-PARTY LICENSORS BE LIABLE TO YOU OR TO ANY THIRD PARTY FOR ANY DIRECT, INDIRECT, INCIDENTAL, CONSEQUENTIAL, PUNITIVE, SPECIAL OR EXEMPLARY DAMAGES (INCLUDING, WITHOUT LIMITATION, LOSS OF PROFITS, LOSS OF USE, LOSS OF DATA, LOSS OF INFORMATION OR PROGRAMS ON YOUR DATA HANDLING SYSTEM, TRANSACTION LOSSES, OPPORTUNITY COSTS, INTERRUPTION OF BUSINESS OR COSTS OF PROCURING SUBSTITUTE GOODS) RESULTING FROM, ARISING OUT OF OR IN ANY WAY RELATING TO THE WEBSITE, OR THE DATA, CONTENT OR INFORMATION ACCESSED VIA THE WEBSITE OR ANY HYPERLINKED WEBSITE, OR ANY DISRUPTION OR DELAY IN THE PERFORMANCE OF THE WEBSITE, REGARDLESS OF THE FORM OF THE CLAIM OR ACTION, WHETHER BASED ON CONTRACT, TORT, STRICT LIABILITY, STATUTE OR OTHERWISE, AND REGARDLESS OF WHETHER OR NOT SUCH DAMAGES WERE FORESEEN, UNFORESEEN OR FORESEEABLE, EVEN IF THE COMPANY OR ITS THIRD-PARTY LICENSORS HAVE BEEN ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGES. BY ACCESSING THE WEBSITE SUBJECT TO THESE WEBSITE TERMS AND CONDITIONS, YOU UNDERSTAND THAT YOU ARE WAIVING RIGHTS WITH RESPECT TO CLAIMS THAT ARE AT THIS TIME UNKNOWN OR UNSUSPECTED, AND IN ACCORDANCE WITH SUCH WAIVER, YOU ACKNOWLEDGE THAT YOU HAVE READ AND UNDERSTOOD, AND HEREBY EXPRESSLY WAIVE, THE BENEFITS OF SECTION 1542 OF THE CIVIL CODE OF CALIFORNIA AND ANY SIMILAR LAW OF ANY STATE, COUNTRY OR TERRITORY, WHICH PROVIDES AS FOLLOWS: “A GENERAL RELEASE DOES NOT EXTEND TO CLAIMS WHICH THE CREDITOR DOES NOT KNOW OR SUSPECT TO EXIST IN HIS OR HER FAVOR AT THE TIME OF EXECUTING THE RELEASE, WHICH IF KNOWN BY HIM OR HER MUST MATERIALLY AFFECT HIS OR HER SETTLEMENT WITH THE DEBTOR.
You agree to defend, indemnify and hold harmless the Company and its affiliates, directors, managers, managing members, members, officers, employees, and/or agents (collectively, “Company Indemnitees”) from and against any claims, liabilities, damages, judgments, awards, losses, costs, expenses or fees (including reasonable attorneys’ fees) that may be incurred by any of the Company Indemnitees arising out of or relating to Your Content, your violation of these Terms, your violation of any applicable laws, rules or regulations in connection with the Website, or from any other misuse of the Website. You agree that in the event any claim, allegation, suit or similar proceeding is commenced by a third party against any of the Company Indemnitees, that you will pay for the defense thereof, including reasonable attorneys’ fees and costs. Notwithstanding any of the foregoing, Company reserves the right to assume the exclusive defense and control of any proceeding that relates to the Company, the Website, or any aspects thereof, whether or not subject to indemnification hereunder, and in such case you will cooperate fully with Company in our defense thereof.
12. Termination and Restriction of Access.
In its sole discretion, the Company may terminate or suspend your access to the Website for breach of these Terms. The Company shall not be liable for any losses or damages arising from any such termination of service.
At its sole discretion, the Company may require you to submit any disputes arising from use of the Website, or breach of these Terms, including disputes arising from or concerning their interpretation, violation, invalidity, non-performance, or termination, to final and binding arbitration under the Rules of Arbitration of the American Arbitration Association applying Kentucky law. By using the Website, you hereby consent to submission of any dispute to be final and binding arbitration.
14. Limitation on Time to File Claims. Any cause of action or claim you may have arising out of or relating to these Terms or the Website must be commenced within one year after the cause of action accrues, otherwise, such cause of action or claim is permanently barred.
15. Governing Law & Jurisdiction. These Terms are governed by the laws of the Commonwealth of Kentucky, U.S.A. You hereby irrevocably consent to the exclusive jurisdiction and venue of the courts in Fayette County, Kentucky, U.S.A. in all disputes arising out of or relating to the use of the Website.
16. Changes to these Website Terms and Conditions.
The Company may update or change these Terms from time to time in order to reflect changes in any offered services, changes in the law, or for other reasons as deemed necessary by the Company. The effective date of any Terms will be reflected in the “Last Revised” entry at the top of these Terms. Your continued use of the Website after any such change is communicated shall constitute your consent to such change(s).
17. General. You agree that no joint venture, partnership, employment, or agency relationship exists between you and the Company as a result of these Terms or use of the Website. You may not assign these Terms without the prior written consent of the Company in all instances. The Company may assign these Terms, in whole or in part, at any time. The Company’s performance of these Terms is subject to existing laws and legal process, and nothing contained in these Terms is in derogation of the Company’s right to comply with governmental, court, and law enforcement requests or requirements relating to your use of the Website or information provided to or gathered by the Company with respect to such use.
If any part of these Terms are determined to be invalid or unenforceable pursuant to applicable law including, but not limited to, the warranty disclaimers and liability limitations set forth above, then the invalid or unenforceable provision will be deemed superseded by a valid, enforceable provision that most closely matches the intent of the original provision, and the remainder of these Terms shall continue in effect.
18. Company Contact Information.
Questions can be directed to the Company at:
120 Dewey Drive, Suite 126
Nicholasville, KY 40356